The National Purchasing Institute has honored Clayton
County Public Schools with its 6th consecutive "Achievement of Excellence
in Procurement" Award. Clayton County Public Schools faithfully adheres to
the highest purchasing standards, including those developed by the National
Purchasing Institute, the Institute of Supply Management, and the National
Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
This prestigious award recognizes Clayton County Public Schools for their
innovation, professionalism, productivity, e-procurement advances, and
organizational excellence in public procurement. The National Purchasing
Institute designed this annual award program in 1995 and is comprised of
professional purchasing personnel from across the country dedicated to the
development of efficient purchasing methods and practices in the areas of
governmental, educational, and institutional procurement.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for the bidding process and the purchasing of supplies
and services for the Clayton County Public School System.
Clayton County Public Schools believes, and it is a condition of employment in the procurement department, that the following
ethical principles govern the conduct of every person employed:
- Give first consideration to Clayton County Public Schools mission and polices.
- Strive to obtain maximum value for each dollar spent.
- Decline personal favors, gifts, and gratuities. Grant all competitive suppliers fair and equal consideration.
- Conduct business with potential and current supplier in an atmosphere of good faith.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement,
or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent from the originator of the use of proprietary ideals and designs.
- Make a reasonable effort to obtain equitable settlement of any controversy with a supplier.
- Accord a prompt and courteos reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Create an environment of fair, ethical, and legal business practices.
- Protect the district's interest by ensuring that suppliers honor all terms of their contracts.
To provide exceptional customer service to
schools and departments by ensuring all products/services used are
purchased with the highest integrity and ethical standards in a
competitive environment that results in savings to the taxpayers and
premium products and/or services used to educate our children.
To achieve excellence by increasing
customer satisfaction by providing value and efficiency to each purchase
request while adhering to Clayton County Board of Education policy,
state law, and sound business practices.